Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Week 14 PLE Post:Internet Safety Assignment

I was blown away in class by all the different "traps" found on the Internet. I've recognized that there needs to be some safety precautions taken when using the Internet, but I was not aware of the dangers that surf the Internet. One of the most disturbing danger that the video in class mentioned was of Internet predators. It is frightening that there are some people who join chat rooms under a false disguise, befriend children and adolescents with the intent to do them harm. I am also alarmed that many parents are not aware of what their children are doing on the Internet. Practically every child has been told not to talk to strangers, but that warning does not seem to apply to the Internet in most cases. I think Internet users need to be extremely cautious, especially if you are using a chat room. As a teacher, I realize I am going to have a great responsibility to inform my students about Internet Safety. I think it will also be essential to inform parents about the safety precautions needed when using the Internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment