I'm somewhat nervous about the assignment for this second week-- making the tokbox email. I've never done one before, but I think it's awesome that there's a way to send a video email. I did go to tokbox.com to explore the site and find directions to make the email, and I was so happy to see that the only direction was to press here to record. (At least I hope that was the only direction). I think the only "hard" part will be the talking I'll have to do and finding a webcam. That's not so bad . . . .
As for some activities a teacher could do using tokbox, I had an idea after reading something on the website. It said, "send a birthday greeting." This may not be academic other than teaching the children how to use technology, but I thought it would be a fun activity for students to send "happy birthday" messages to the "birthday student." The teacher could have students use the classroom computers if they do not have access to a computer at home. I think it would be awfully special for the birthday student to get little happy birthday greetings from their classmates. I think it would also increase unity in the classroom and promote a friendly atmosphere.
The teacher could use tokbox as a way for students to send responses to questions in class or for oral reports. I think it would be particularly useful for students who may have difficulties in writing (LD or other disability). Tokbox could be a great accommodation, especially for written homework assignments. (It may be more fun too-- I think it's usually exciting and sometimes super fun to do teach/do activities in different ways or by using various methods).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment