Monday, January 25, 2010
Week 3 PLE Post
I'm actually grateful for the opportunity to learn more about copyright laws-- I wasn't very familiar with copyright, so I had a lot to learn. :) In my mind citations were primarily for written work-- when paraphrasing or quoting from a different source. Making sure you site your sources in say a research paper is very similar to abiding by copyright laws and providing citations for various media you may acquire. (At least it helps me to think about it this way). I like the definition or use of copyright that was given in the tutorials: "the primary use of copyright is to promote the progress of science and useful arts." I appreciate the fair use policy that has exceptions for educational purposes . . . I think this emphasizes a greater value for education. I think copyright can be a bit unsteady, especially with all its different limitations. It seems like you really need to know your copyright "stuff" in order to avoid "accidental violations."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment