What are some ways you can tell that you have successfully integrated technology into your lesson?
If the technology enhances or contributes to the core standard or the content being taught, then this may be a good indicator that the technology was successfully integrated into the lesson. If students are able to learn with the integrated technology and also have a meaningful learning experience, I would say using the technology as a success. I would want to ensure that the technology does not inhibit student-teacher interaction during a lesson (I think this interacting is important to learning).
If the technology enhances or contributes to the core standard or the content being taught, then this may be a good indicator that the technology was successfully integrated into the lesson. If students are able to learn with the integrated technology and also have a meaningful learning experience, I would say using the technology as a success. I would want to ensure that the technology does not inhibit student-teacher interaction during a lesson (I think this interacting is important to learning).
What do you feel technology should accomplish in order to be a legitimate addition to your lesson?
Technology ought to intensify a learning experience and make it more exciting/interesting. There might be some instances where non-technological instruction can provide meaningful learning experiences, but I would hope that if technology was used it would make a lesson more memorable. Technology ought to clearly explain what is being taught in the lesson--if it can't do that then I would ask why you would use it in the first place.
What indicators can tell you whether or not you have chosen an appropriate technology for your lesson?
If the technology is helping a student learn--if a student can explain a concept or demonstrate their understanding of the lesson--this could be a good indicator that the technology is appropriate for the lesson. Also, another indicator could be whether or not the technology is contributing to the lesson. For instance, if the technology is distracting from the content being taught in a lesson, then it is not serving an appropriate purpose during the lesson.
No comments:
Post a Comment